What does this approach mean for my project?
What this approach means for your project is a process where all members of the project team provide input, and are incentivized to solve problems and make decisions together, that are in the best interest of the project. This approach minimizes the time it takes to make project decisions, drastically reduces contract disputes, decreases project schedules, and makes for a more rewarding project atmosphere. This approach also heavily emphasizes pre-planning throughout the construction process through techniques such as:
- Preconstruction Planning & Scheduling
- Pull Scheduling/Last Planner Meetings on site
- Treating subcontractors as partners on the project, seeking their input on schedule and techniques specific to their industries
- Project financials, cash flow forecasting and project specific schedules of values
- Resource loaded work schedules